Business email is a very basic thing that a modern-day business house needs. Creation of business email and linking the same to Gmail is a pretty simple process that is often perceived as a complex thing. Given below is the step-by-step guide to make this happen.
- The first and foremost thing needed is indeed to have a Gmail account, which can, of course, be availed for free.
- The next step is about creating own custom mail and forwarding the same. In general, the hosting company you choose also comes with the option for email hosting. It should indeed come with the option of an email forward. The top hosting service providers like Go Daddy, Hostgator, etc., do come with mail hosting option. If our hosting company doesn’t come with hosting service, one may simply go with Mailgun, which can be an incredible alternative available for free.
- Once the email forwarding is done, it is now time to make Gmail able in sending as the domainname.org. It means here now one can be able in sending mail as email@example.com through the help of SMTP server of Gmail.
- Once the step is completed, now go back to the Gmail and then put a click on Settings, the icon for which is a gear icon. Here go to the ‘Accounts and Import,’ and then find Send mail as a place, where one can add additional mail address.
- Now provide your name and firstname.lastname@example.org, and provide an assumed name, after which move to the Next Step for entering certain details.
- For SMTP server, one can enter smtp.gmail.com.
- In the username section, one can provide the usual username, which is used with the Gmail account. In the password section, provide the Gmail specific or app-based password. In the Port section, one may provide 587 or as desired, 465. In Secure Connection, one should put 587 for TLS and 465, when it comes about SSL.
- Once the above steps are completed, a mail is sent along a link for verification purpose. Put a click on it to create the fresh address.
- After coming back to the Setting page, find Make default next to your new, custom email and put a click on it.
- For testing purpose, do send a mail, and also ask to send a mail from the other side to ensure the process works fine.
So finally! Gmail is ready with its domain, and this process is free.